Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Here We Go Again!

Only a week away from the Annual San Diego Comic-Con, and my dance card is starting to fill up like Scarlett O'Hara's. For those of you who might wish to find me at any time during the Great Intergalactic Lemming Race, my schedule so far looks like this:

THURSDAY:

2:30-3:30PM - "The Dark Knight Rises" Panel - a psychological view of what makes the Batman tick, with Michael Uslan, Steve Englehart, and several noted brain people. Last year's was a blast (Room 26AB)

FRIDAY:

4-5PM - Autograph Signing (DC Booth #1915)

SATURDAY:

11AM-12PM - Autograph Signing (DC Booth #1915)

12:45-1:45PM - DC Comics "Before Watchmen" Panel - with most of the usual suspects, me, Dan DiDio, Darwwn Cooke, Amanda Conner, Adam Hughes, JMS, and a slew of others. C'mon, you know you wanna hear this.  (Room 6DE)

SUNDAY:

3-4PM - Autograph Signing (DC Booth #1915)

That's all that's official so far, but you might want to check out Mark Evanier's Quick Draw Panel Saturday right after Noon. There are rumors I might be there, and rumor also has it that I'll be at one of the tables in Artist's Alley in aisle 4800 much of the rest of the time for autographing and pictures and such.

Since I usually hire at least three or four other people to wander around the Con pretending to be me, I shouldn't be difficult to recognize; I'll be the greybeard with the cool cane and the Batman baseball cap stumbling around the con floor, making musical "oy!" noises.

See you there.

3 comments:

Queso6p4 said...

Hello Mr. Wein,
I finished reading Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 and was absolutely blown away by the beautiful mesh of storytelling and visual art. I really liked your early work on Wolverine and was happy to see your name on this title but was in no way prepared for the wonderful treat that was in store. Thank you for your wonderful work and be safe during your travels.

BFTVMod said...

Hello Mr. Wein-

I'm not sure if you check this anymore, but I haven't been able to find pertinent contact info for you, so my apologies for the unconventional method.

My name is Brittany Frederick, and I'm a writer with Starpulse.com. I was scheduled for an interview with you at WonderCon; however, I had to cancel because the responsible publicist moved our time slot to one in which I was unavailable. I'd still very much love to speak with you, as your work has been something I've admired for many years, and was wondering if you would be amenable to a phone chat anytime over the next few weeks.

You can reach me here or at bfrederick AT starpulse DOT com. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.

My best wishes,
Brittany Frederick
Contributing Writer
Starpulse.com

kaboseanes said...

Titanium Daith Jewelry - TITanium Art
Custom titanium bikes for sale and traditional jewelry columbia titanium jacket from titanium daith jewelry on TITanium. titanium white dominus Browse our selection of jewelry & titanium tubing jewelry options titanium white and find more great prices for your $14.95 · ‎In stock