Monday, January 21, 2008

Son of Shameless Self-Promotion Time

This Tuesday, a wonderful company called Shout! Factory will be releasing the first two seasons of Swamp Thing: The Series on DVD. These are the first 22 of the 72 episodes produced for the series. They are complete and, for the first time, assembled in the order in which they were meant to be seen, rather than the order in which they were originally broadcast on the USA Network. This, of course, means that for those of you who watched the series when it first aired and were wondering what the heck was going on, now you'll finally know. This boxed set also contains an interview with the talented actor Dick Durock, who portrayed Swampy in every episode of the series and both feature films as well. And, as an added bonus (well, some of you may think it's a bonus) there's also an interview with your humble blogger, where I expound at length on Swamp Thing's origins and his impact on Western Civilization.

Here (if I've finally figured out how to do this) is a little video sampling...



I'm always thrilled for anyone to read or watch my work, but this particular release makes me especially happy. Unlike any and all of my Marvel stories and characters, I see royalties when any of my DC characters appear in other media. So, should you decide to buy this collection, a few cents of your purchase will ultimately see their way to me.

But, more than that, Swamp Thing: The Series is a lot of fun. Pick up this DVD collection at your local store or order it online from the Shout! Factory by clicking here and let me know if you don't agree.

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled blog...

No comments: